Feb 2012 20
A new swimsuit survey just released from Fitness magazine (polling 1000 women) showed that 80 percent of them said their biggest fear at the beach is not sharks…but cats…catty women that is, that are judging their appearance…and not too kindly! About 48 percent said they wouldn’t even get into a bikini until they’d lost 20 pounds or more! “The survey results shed light on the complicated relationship women have with their bodies and how much time is spent worrying about what other women think,” said Betty Wong, editor-in-chief of Fitness. “It is so important to make sure women are empowered to embrace their imperfections and celebrate their bodies-no matter what shape or size.” Of course, all those pictures of skinny celebrities in their swimsuits plastered all over the newsstands doesn’t help. The poll showed that like it or not, women want their bodies….specifically Jennifer Aniston’s (who took that prize with a 37% bikini envy rate!). Thankfully, a couple curvier women made that list too as J-Lo and Beyonce’s bodacious booties finished strong as well. Here are the highlights from the poll:
- The toughest critic on the beach? 89 percent said other women.
- 60% of the women felt more out of shape than other women at the beach.
- Only 11% said they were confident to get into a bikini “as is”.
- 61% of the women said it would take $100,000 minimum for them to appear on TV or in a magazine in a swimsuit.
- 65% found it harder to find the perfect swimsuit than the perfect pair of jeans.
- More than half the women felt envious and insecure in the presence of a woman with a perfect body
Please Rate this article. Was it good?