This is THE BEST tasting protein i’ve ever had but you don’t get a lot for your money. You won’t be upset though, that’s for sure!
Taste is alright. Doesn’t mix really well without a shaker bottle. Very foamy after shaking. Love the nutrients it provides but a new formula to address issues is needed
Great and lasts a month if you only take it post workout. Do not get strawberry banana it tastes just like medicine. Chocolate one tastes good haven’t tried any other one and don’t plan on it anymore after the strawberry banana.
I’ve bought the
-Frosted Cinnamon Bun in January 16 2020
-French Vanilla Bean in April 15 2020
-Chocolate Fudge in Jan 14 2021
-Strawberry Banana Split in March 13 2021
They are all perfectly delicious and down to preference, they all tasted great and wonderful and the one I liked the most out of all of them was the Strawberry Banana Split, its texture and color and smell was very enjoyable and it made me want to drink it every day after workouts and it was the most refreshing.
I’ve also received NOTICABLE amount of gains over the past months while using this protein powder and Jeff Cavaliere’s programs as well. All flavors helped me receive gains, but try the Strawberry Banana Split, it’s the most enjoyable out of the bunch for me at least!
Iv been using Jeff’s products for years and his protein is by far the best in my opinion. Tastes great with no bloating, high protein content with creatine in it to boot. Great job!
Jeff doesn’t talk BS…his supplements really are the best. Though some might find them expensive, I can say they’re worth it!
Literally the best protein out there. Its freakin’ outstanding, better than anything else and also when you open it you don’t get am unnatural disgusting chemical smell like you get from other proteins. Also no bloat after you use it. It’s easy on your stomach. And Its clean. You actually gain muscle well with it. I recommend.
I’ve been using this for three years and it’s the best I’ve found! Just compare labels to others….or try side by side. One thing I do is mix before my workout (almond milk) and put it in the freezer during my workout, an hour to hour and a half later it’s perfect…like desert! Great stuff!
Our frosted cinnamon bun powder came today! I can’t say anything to how effective it is since this is day one but it tastes amazing!
I will buy it just for the taste for life. It is unbelievably creamy and smooth. It is astonishing.
Well done Jeff.
I have used this for a full 3 months already have noticed a difference in muscle gain just from implementing this.
Since it exploded onto the market, X-LR8 has continued to earn praise from the thousands of members of Team Athlean who have experienced its power. Nothing fancy, just the stuff you need.
Athlean-Rx X-LR8 contains an impressive 30g of protein per serving! If you’re unsure whether or not you’re getting enough quality protein in your diet, the truth is, you’re probably not. Conservative recommendations for an athlete are around 1.5g of Protein per pound of body weight. So if you weigh 180lbs you’re looking at over 250g a day, every single day! If you have a busy schedule that can be a daunting task.
You asked and we answered with our most potent formulas and open labels so you know exactly which ingredients and how much of each you’re getting. Athlean-Rx contains no proprietary blends, and as always, no fillers, no substitutes and no harmful chemicals.
We have tens of thousands of members of team athlean who have gotten great results from incorporating X-LR8 into their nutrition plan.
"I use X-LR8 as a post workout supplement or a meal replacement."
- Jeff Cavaliere M.S.P.T, CSCS
One of the most important benefits of Betaine is its ability to improve muscle strength and power during training sessions. Some studies have shown that it can improve endurance, increase the number of reps that can be done with a given weight, and improve power and force with every rep. Evidence also indicates that Betaine improves protein synthesis following training sessions.
- Improves muscle strength, power and endurance
- Increases protein synthesis following training sessions
- Increases growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor 1 production
- May help promote fat loss
Betaine Anhydrous Clinical Studies & References
Kre-Alkalyn® is a buffered form of creatine that is processed at a higher PH level than the more acidic creatine monohydrate form. The more acidic the creatine, the more likely it is to chemically be converted into creatinine…the unusable byproduct. The decreased acidity of Kre-Alkalyn® allows more of the creatine to be absorbed by the muscles and allows for smaller effective dosages with NO NEED FOR LOADING! This delivery is extremely well tolerated by the body with far less “creatine bloat” experienced and does not have to be cycled allowing you to get the uninterrupted benefits of creatine.
- Increases muscle strength and power
- Allows for faster and easier muscle growth
- Is better absorbed than Creatine Monohydrate and does not require a loading phase
- Reduces muscle damage and post workout soreness
- Reduces post training session fatigue
Kre-Alkalyn® Clinical Studies & References
Mix 2 scoops with 8-12 ounces of cold water or milk. Mix with fruit or your favorite ingredients to create a protein dense shake. Add into oatmeal, pancakes or any other dry mix for an extra boost of protein. You can use X-LR8 with milk or water as a meal replacement, snack, as an additional protein source or as a post workout supplement for improved muscle growth.
Commonly accepted calculations range between 0.7-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. As you can see, even while maintaining a healthy diet composed of nutrient-rich foods it can become challenging to meet these requirements on a day-to-day basis thus the benefits of supplementing with a protein supplement such as X-LR8 will help to meet your protein needs.
Protein powder can be used anytime and anywhere to help you meet your protein needs.
With that said, from my experience most people are not getting enough protein, especially athletes who engage in intense training. For this reason supplementing with a quality protein like X-LR8 is a great first step.
Kre-Alkalyn® is a buffered or pH-correct form of creatine, which is considered to be more stable in the stomach and is not degraded to creatinine, which subsequently leads to greater bioavailability. This is one of the reasons you only need 1.5 grams of Kre-Alkalyn® for every 10-15g of regular monohydrate.
Kre-Alkalyn® shines in its ability to improve VO2 Max and in turn, endurance and exercise performance. Recent studies (1) have shown that while there is not much difference between creatine monohydrate and Kre-Alkalyn® in their ability to increase muscle mass and strength, there is a notable difference in the ability of Kre-Alkalyn® to improve VO2 Max. Other notable differences were that Kre-Alkalyn® actually lowered cholesterol and triglyceride levels over creatine.
All of our supplements are proudly produced in the US using the highest industry standards.
Creatine is the most effective supplement for increasing muscle mass and strength (1).
It is a fundamental supplement in the bodybuilding and fitness communities (2) with some studies showing that supplementing with creatine can double your strength and lean muscle gains when compared to training alone (3).
There is certainly nothing wrong with women taking X-LR8 however our RX-4 Protein for Women contains 20 grams of high quality protein while also including ingredients that women could benefit from such as additional doses of calcium, Vitamin D, and Resveratrol.
When I set out to determine doses of ingredients, I looked to the scientific literature.
Specifically, I reviewed every well-designed, well-executed, peer-reviewed study I could find on the molecule and find the dose that confers the maximum benefits with the minimum side effects.
These doses are known as “clinically effective doses” because they are backed by scientific studies and demonstrated to produce the desired effects. Simply having an ingredient on the supplement facts panel doesn’t ensure that you’re getting enough of the ingredient to cause the desired effect.
X-LR8 contains both milk and egg products so people with severe allergies to one or both of those foods may be sensitive to taking X-LR8. Additionally, X-LR8 is produced in a facility that processes peanuts and wheat. Athletes with sensitivities to these foods may wish to consult with their physician before taking this product.
All our supplements are monitored and formulated to meet the tastes of our users based on their feedback. With that said, tastes vary from individual to individual. If you find the taste of X-LR8 to be too sweet simply mix in more milk. Additionally you may use a smaller scoop or add in your favorite fruit until you strike the perfect balance for your tastes.
Since X-LR8 can be used as a post workout supplement and a meal replacement you are not limited to how much you can use. With that said, here at ATHLEAN-X we recommend getting the majority of your nutrients and calories from nutritious, whole foods as outlined in our X-FACTOR meal plan. You should only be using our supplements to fill in any gaps in your nutrition plan.
Frosted Cinnamon Bun is GMO free.
X-LR8 contains dairy and egg products.
No. X-LR8 Contains dairy and egg products.
- Nutritional supplement for increased muscle size and strength for body builders
- Effects of creatine monohydrate and polyethylene glycosylated creatine supplementation on muscular strength, endurance, and power output
- Food supplement for increasing lean mass and strength
- Effects of Creatine Monohydrate vs. Creatine Hydrochloride on Muscle EndurancePerformance
- Creatine HCl and Creatine Monohydrate Improve Strength but Only Creatine HCl Induced Changes on Body Composition in Recreational Weightlifters
- Creatine supplementation increases glycogen storage but not GLUT-4 expression in human skeletal muscle
- Creatine supplementation with specific view to exercise/sports performance: an update
- The effect of an alkaline buffered creatine (Kre-Alkalyn®), on cell membrane behavior, protein synthesis, and cisplatin-mediated cellular toxicity
- CREATINE: WHY USE IT? SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT TO BACK ITS BENEFITS
- Effect of creatine supplementation on body composition and performance: a meta-analysis.
- Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes.
- Effects of two and five days of creatine loading on muscular strength and anaerobic power in trained athletes.
- Effects of creatine supplementation and resistance training on muscle strength and weightlifting performance.
- Effect of creatine phosphate supplementation on anaerobic working capacity and body weight after two and six days of loading in men and women.
- Combined creatine and sodium bicarbonate supplementation enhances interval swimming.
- Effect of two and five days of creatine loading on anaerobic working capacity in women.
- Effects of high dose oral creatine supplementation on anaerobic capacity of elite wrestlers.
- Effects of four weeks of high-intensity interval training and creatine supplementation on critical power and anaerobic working capacity in college-aged men.
- The effects of creatine loading and gender on anaerobic running capacity.
- Effect of short-term creatine supplementation on markers of skeletal muscle damage after strenuous contractile activity.
- The effect of creatine supplementation upon inflammatory and muscle soreness markers after a 30km race.
- Muscle glycogen supercompensation is enhanced by prior creatine supplementation.
- Creatine supplementation affects muscle creatine during energy restriction.
- Effects of creatine monohydrate and polyethylene glycosylated creatine supplementation on muscular strength, endurance, and power output. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19387397
Lee E.C., et al. Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010 Jul 19; 7: 27.
Trepanowski, J. F, et al. The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men. J Strength Cond Res. 2011 Dec; 25(12): 3461-71
Pryor, J. L., et al. Effect of betaine supplementation on cycling sprint performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 Apr 3; 9(1): 12.
Apicella, J. M., et al. Betaine supplementation enhances anabolic endocrine and Akt signaling in response to acute bouts of exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2013 Mar; 113(3): 793-802.
Cholewa, J. M., et al. Effects of betaine on body composition, performance, and homocysteine thiolactone. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 22; 10(1): 39.