WAGING WAR ON YOUR ABDOMINALS
You’ve likely heard about the “300” workout. It was the famous workout used by the cast of the movie “300” during training for their roles.
But that workout wasn’t so tough on the abs.
So I fixed it!
I didn’t want anyone to miss out on this one, so I created both a beginner and advanced version.
The structure of the ab workout is similar but scaled depending on your ability level. In the beginner version of this abs workout you will use nothing but your own bodyweight and the floor.
For the advanced version, we’re breaking out the barbell! If the 300 reps don’t get you in the beginner version, perhaps the weighted ab workout in the advanced version will! I’d like to challenge you to see if you can complete the 300 Abs Workout with the best form and minimal to no rest between moves.
This routine is going to WAGE WAR on your obliques, upper abs and lower abs. Ready to get started?
THE 300 ABS CHALLENGE
The goal with every ab exercise in this workout is to try to get through all of the reps without resting.
That said, I realize that this may be very difficult for many who will attempt this routine. In that case, do as many as you can and keep your rest to a minimum in an attempt to get through all the reps without sacrificing form.
When you are ready to step up the challenge, remember to move onto the advanced version. This one incorporates a barbell and weighted ab training, making it perfect for the gym.
You’ll never under train your abs again with this new weapon in your ab workout arsenal!
THE “300” ABS WORKOUT: BEGINNER VERSION
1. Sit Up Reach Ups for 50 reps
2. Side Crunches To Left for 25 reps
3. Side Crunches To Right for 25 reps
4. Seated Russian Twists for 50 reps
5. Hi / Low Scissor Crosses for 50 reps hi & low
6. Leaning Knee Drives To Right for 25 reps
7. Leaning Knee Drives To Left for 25 reps
8. Wiper Planks for 50 reps each side
THE “300” ABS WORKOUT: ADVANCED VERSION
1. Overhead Jammers for 50 reps
2. Left Side Thrust Ups for 25 reps
3. Right Side Thrust Ups for 25 reps
4. Weighted Russian Twists for 50 reps
5. Hi / Low Toe Taps for 50 reps hi & low
6. Oblique Rollouts To Left for 25 reps
7. Oblique Rollouts To Right for 25 reps
8. Rock The Boat for 50 reps each side
A KILLER ABS WORKOUT NO MATTER YOUR LEVEL
So there you have it, 300 killer reps in one intense ab workout, beginner and advanced versions.
It doesn’t matter what ability level you’re starting at. The key is to keep working to get better. If you’re a beginner now, one day you’ll be training your abs at the advanced level. And if you’re already advanced, there’s nothing stopping you from throwing more weight on that bar.
No matter what, keep challenging yourself.
- Sit Up Reach Ups for 50 reps
- Side Crunches To Left for 25 reps
- Side Crunches To Right for 25 reps
- Seated Russian Twists for 50 reps
- Hi / Low Scissor Crosses for 50 reps hi & low
- Leaning Knee Drives To Right for 25 reps
- Leaning Knee Drives To Left for 25 reps
- Wiper Planks for 50 reps each side
- Overhead Jammers for 50 reps
- Left Side Thrust Ups for 25 reps
- Right Side Thrust Ups for 25 reps
- Weighted Russian Twists for 50 reps
- Hi / Low Toe Taps for 50 reps hi & low
- Oblique Rollouts To Left for 25 reps
- Oblique Rollouts To Right for 25 reps
- Rock The Boat for 50 reps each side
At ATHLEAN-X we’re here to help you keep challenging yourself and just as importantly, we put the science back in strength in every single workout. The abs and core are part of everything we do – that’s just how our body works. So if you’re looking for a complete program that is based around this concept, check out our ATHLEAN-X Training Systems.